There is a growing trend of CBD and coffee consumption sweeping the UK. Cannabidiol is a relative newcomer but coffee is an established beverage consumed all over the globe. Nevertheless, both products are enjoying increased popularity and growth. Indeed, we are witnessing the launch of new coffee products containing CBD. For many people, the practice of adding CBD oil to their morning coffee is a daily ritual and the preferred way to start the day. There are numerous health benefits of CBD oil and coffee and it is a potent combination that works well together.
Cannabidiol and Caffeine
Coffee is the most popular beverage in the world. Estimates suggest we consume over 400 billion cups each year. People enjoy consuming caffeine first thing in the morning to increase alertness and combat sleep inertia. Mixing CBD oil with this popular beverage should not come as too much of a surprise. This is because it follows the path of ‘bulletproof coffee’. This is when MCT oil and butter is added for energy and fat loss. Of course, in the case of Cannabidiol (CBD) there is a lengthy list of possible health benefits. Hence, CBD oil and coffee make a potent combination.
Health Benefits of Cannabidiol
- Reduces pain and inflammation.
- Eases depression, stress and anxiety.
- Treats insomnia and improves sleep.
- Promotes healthy skin.
- Improves brain, heart and digestive health.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- Treats diabetes, epilepsy and autism.
Health Benefits of Coffee
- Pain relief: Two cups of coffee may cut pain by up to 48%.
- Fiber: One cup of coffee contains 1.8g of fiber.
- High in antioxidants: Some people get more antioxidants from coffee than fruit and vegetables.
- Liver protection: Coffee lowers liver enzymes.
- Lower risk of type 2 diabetes: Six cups of coffee a day may reduce diabetes risk by 22%.
- Lower risk of Alzheimer’s: Evidence suggests caffeine may protect against Alzheimer’s.
- Reduces depression: Women who drink 4 cups of coffee are 20% less likely to suffer from depression.
- Protect against Parkinson’s: Research shows coffee reduces the risk of Parkinson’s.
- Lowers risk of heart disease: People consuming 3 to 5 cups of coffee are less likely to show signs of heart disease.
- Protect against MS: Four cups of coffee a day may help protect against MS.
- Lowered risk of colorectal cancer: Coffee reduces the odds of colorectal cancer by 26%.
Coffee and CBD is a Healthy Combination
In many ways, CBD oil and coffee is a healthy combination. We know Cannabidiol offers an abundance of health benefits such as the relief of pain, inflammation, insomnia and anxiety. Coffee on the other hand, brings alertness, energy, focus and awareness. When combined, they work in synergy and can perform even better than they would do in isolation.
CBD Coffee Without Anxiety
People question whether the effects of CBD oil and coffee contradict one another. This is because Cannabidiol is associated with improved sleep while coffee (caffeine) increases alertness. If consumption of CBD and coffee occurs early in the day, there should be no issues with sleep. Indeed, CBD will deliver brain health and mental clarity. The health benefits of CBD oil and coffee could mean relief from conditions such as anxiety while also delivering increased alertness. For many people, this will help them to better perform mental and physical tasks and manage their daily routine.
Taking CBD Oil with Coffee
There is no doubt, the most effective way to consume Cannabidiol is via the sublingual method (under the tongue). The sublingual gland offers a high rate of bioavailability. Whereas, taking CBD oil with coffee may be slightly less efficient. This is because it is absorbed via the digestive system. Nevertheless, this high performing combination is still very effective and has a growing fan club. Both products will deliver a multitude of health benefits and people like to take CBD in this way. Hence, it is safe to assume that CBD oil and coffee is a practice that we will be seeing much more of in the future.